October 23, 2001
The Top 14 Pet Peeves of Teachers
- "God, I hope that's just chalk dust on my desk."
- Apples, apples, apples! Would it kill these kids to pass a little of the good weed this way?
- Benighted administrators who insist you know the subject you're teaching.
- Last state-mandated pay raise was held up because the Legislature got sidetracked with seceding from the Union and raising an army to fight the Yankees.
- Gone are the ditto machines and the righteous between-class buzz their fluid once provided.
- Finishing a cafeteria lunch only to realize you're actually in the biology specimen lab.
- It's been almost 20 years since the movie, yet the Spicoli imitations go on and on.
- They sit there all confused in math class, but they've hacked your e-mail account and have an algorithm that would baffle Einstein to determine the relative value of their Pokemon collections.
- The food stamp office closes before your last class.
- Hard to find a decent Kevlar flak jacket that doesn't pinch under the arms.
- Students who offer sex for a better grade, then fail to come through on their end of the bargain.
- Hall passes written on butt cheeks.
- Phys Ed teachers who shake you and your fellow science teachers down for lunch money in the teachers' lounge.
and the Number 1 Pet Peeve of Teachers...
- Corporal punishment has been outlawed and psychological torment just takes too damn long.
Join ClubTop5 to check out the
runner up submissions for this list.
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Selected from 109 submissions from 40 contributors.
Today's Top Five List authors were:
- Dave Henry, Slidell, LA -- 1 (17th #1) Email
- Mitch Berg, Saint Paul, MN -- 2 Email / Website
- Dave Wesley, Pleasant Hill, CA -- 3 Email / Hall of Famer
- Mark Weiss, Austin, TX -- 4
- Ed Smith, Chattanooga, TN -- 5, 6, 11 (Hat Trick!) Hall of Famer
- John Mozena, Grosse Pointe Woods, MI -- 7
- Daniel Weckerly, Limerick, PA -- 8
- Kim Moser, New York, NY -- 9 Email
- Bill Muse, Seattle, WA -- 10, RU list name Email / Hall of Famer
- Dave Goudsward, Harrisburg, PA -- 12, 13 Email
- Lloyd Jacobson, Washington, DC -- 14 Hall of Famer
- Lori Petterson, Fairfax, VA -- Topic
- Gloria Monti, Santa Cruz, CA -- Banner Tag Email
- Travis Ruetenik, Honolulu, HI -- Honorable Mention list name
- Sandra Hull, Arlington, VA -- List moderator
- Chris White, Los Angeles, CA -- List owner/editor Email / Hall of Famer
- Van Halen, Pasadena, CA -- Ambience (explanation)