October 3, 2001
The Top 15 Most Embarrassing Ways
to Get Yourself Arrested
- Test-driving the fixtures in Home Depot's bathroom department
- Violating Mississippi's "boner law," when in fact, all you did was shoplift a cucumber
- "I'm afraid you'll have to come with us, ma'am. On you, those bicycle shorts are a crime."
- Stealing copies of "Dianetics"
- Peeking in the windows at Ed Asner's house
- "So, how much extra if you're wearing the uniform, Baby?"
- Inconsequential Exposure
- Impersonating an officer -- of the Starship Enterprise
- The store was closing. They asked you several times to leave the appliance department. But, dammit, "The A Team" was on!
- "Raise your right hand. Do you solemnly -- whoa, I said your HAND!"
- Stalking David Hyde-Pierce.
- Your headline reads: "Naked Bandit Nabbed After Vacuum Store Mishap"
- "Sir, put the sheep down and nobody will get hurt."
- Taking your Vegas show's George Michael impersonation a little too far
and the Number 1 Most Embarrassing Way to Get Yourself Arrested...
Join ClubTop5 to check out the
runner up submissions for this list.
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Selected from 105 submissions from 42 contributors.
Today's Top Five List authors were:
- Daniel Weckerly, Limerick, PA -- 1 (15th #1)
- Larry Hollister, Concord, CA -- 2, HM list name Email / Website / Hall of Famer
- Dave Henry, Slidell, LA -- 3 Email
- John Gephart IV, Harrisburg, PA -- 4 Email / Website
- Fran Fruit, Winnetka, IL -- 5
- Kim Moser, New York, NY -- 6 Email
- Joseph Moore, Concord, CA -- 7 Email
- Charles Gulledge, Richardson, TX -- 8
- Peter Rogers, Austin, TX -- 9
- Ed Smith, Chattanooga, TN -- 10 Hall of Famer
- Travis Ruetenik, Honolulu, HI -- 11, Topic
- John Treusch, Burlington, NJ -- 12 Email
- Sandra Hull, Arlington, VA -- 13, 14 Email / Website
- Andy Ihnatko, Boston, MA -- 15
- Jody LaFerriere, Leominster, MA -- Banner Tag Website
- Slick Sharkey, Miami, FL -- Runner Up list name Hall of Famer
- Tristan Fabriani, Passaic, NJ -- List moderator
- Chris White, Los Angeles, CA -- List owner/editor Email / Hall of Famer
- Danny Bonaduce, Los Angeles, CA -- Ambience (explanation)