Safely kills 99.9% of work time.
May 19, 2008
~~~ NOTE FROM CHRIS: ~~~
We're back from our hiatus and are once again
broadcasting LIVE from out studios high atop the
Seacrest Building in beautiful downtown Studio City!
While we were away, one of the Bush twins done get herself
hitched. As CNN.com put it: "Against the backdrop of a
stunning Texas sunset, near a lake on the Bush family's
1,600-acre ranch, President Bush walked his daughter,
Jenna, down the aisle to her groom [...], Henry Hager,
the son of a well-connected Virginia Republican."
The Top 16 Things Overheard at Jenna Bush's Wedding
- "Sorry I'm late -- I couldn't remember if I was to turn left or right at Cindy Sheehan's compost pile."
- "To honor the sacrifice of all you who traveled here, I am giving up sobriety."
- "Did you hear him say, 'One down, one to go"? "Yeah, but he was talking about Iraq and Iran."
- "Henry, if you treat my daughter right, I just may make you president of Iran once we take out the clown that's in there now."
- "I don't care if he is the president. It was tacky of him to give Henry the nickname 'P-Whipped.'"
- "Hey, Henry, remind me to give you the Secret Service code word to get into Jenna's bedroom after the ceremony."
- "I don't think of it as losing a daughter; I think of this as gaining a swing state."
- "I'm so thrilled that my daughter has found the right man to marriculate with."
- "If anyone objects, let him speak now or... yes, Helen Thomas in the back."
- "I hope they have an exit strategy for this never-ending Chicken Dance."
- "Oh, that's so sweet. Uncle Cheney gave them a whole barrel of crude."
- "So, I guess this dramatically reduces the odds of me making a Bush Twin sandwich."
- "These society weddings -- did they really need an organ grinder and a monkey? Oh wait, that's just Cheney and the father of the bride."
- "Why does the reception videographer's camera say 'Girls Gone Wild' on the side?"
- "As a matter of fact, the ice sculpture *does* look like Hillary."
and the Number 1 Thing Overheard at Jenna Bush's Wedding...
- "Okay, you release the doves while I distract Cheney."
Our ClubTop5 members get to see the
Runner Up and Honorable Mention items
for today's list, plus much MUCH more.
Selected from 64 submissions from 23 contributors.
Today's Top Five List authors were:
- Steve Huntington, San Jose, CA -- 1, 15 (2nd #1)
- Bill Muse, Seattle, WA -- 2 Hall of Famer
- Carl Knorr, Devo City, OH -- 3, 11 Website / Hall of Famer
- John J. Brassil, Nashville, TN -- 4
- Paul Wiley, Westtown, NY -- 5, 15
- Reid Kerr, Tyler, TX -- 6 Website
- Matt Kall, Solon, OH -- 7
- Randy Lee, Burke, VA -- 8, 14
- Trish Jensen, Reedsville, PA -- 9
- Steve Hurd, Oakland, CA -- 10 Hall of Famer
- Mark Weiss, Austin, TX -- 12 Hall of Famer
- Dave Wesley, Pleasant Hill, CA -- 13 Hall of Famer
- Mark D. Sabien, What Cheer, IA -- 16 Website / Hall of Famer
- Richard Skora, Columbus, OH -- Topic
- Tristan Fabriani, Passaic, NJ -- Banner Tag
- Chris White, Los Angeles, CA -- List owner/editor Hall of Famer
- Gore Gore Girls, Detroit, MI -- Ambience (explanation)
© Copyright 1994-2010. All rights reserved.
TopFive.com and The Top 5 List are owned by Chris White.
Absolutely no publishing or reprinting without prior consent.