Brisk, yet mellow. Try it with a scone!
June 27, 2007
~~~ NOTE FROM CHRIS: ~~~
It's Little Fiver Month!
Today's list was compiled by
Top5 Music moderator Andy Grosser.
Top5 Music archives
Subscribe to the Little Fiver lists!
The Top 14 Things Heard Backstage
at a Recent Paul McCartney Concert
- "I'm sorry, only venti pass holders are allowed backstage."
- "It's time for Sir Paul to go on stage, Doc."
"Thanks. Okay everyone -- CLEAR!!"
- "It was just some crank caller offering to take part in a reunion tour. I hung up on him since I knew there wasn't anyone in Wings named 'Bingo' or 'Dingo' or whatever."
- "His doctors can't seem to identify it, so they're calling it a 'magical mystery sore.'"
- "There appears to be an octopus' garden growing from inside Paul's ears."
- "OK, boys, I just checked Paul's room. Matlock's starting closing arguments, so be ready to go on in five minutes."
- "If I understood the new lyrics correctly, you should probably rename it 'Silly *Loathe* Songs.'"
- "Y'know, if John were alive to see Paul's new album selling at Starbucks, he'd probably shoot *himself*."
- "Michael Jackson called and said he'll give you the library back if you'll pay off all those meddling kids' parents!"
- "Have Ringo bring the limo around."
- "When I said I wanted no caffeine and lots of foam, they handed me this CD."
- "What is the sound of one leg dancing?"
and the Number 1 Thing Heard Backstage at a Recent Paul McCartney Concert...
- "Yoko, you grizzly old bitch! How *are* you, dear?"
Our ClubTop5 members get to see the
Runner Up and Honorable Mention items
for today's list, plus much MUCH more.
Selected from 82 submissions from 32 contributors.
Today's Top Five List authors were:
- Matt Moore, Fresno, CA -- 1 (4th #1)
- Douglas Frank, Crosby, TX -- 2
- John Mozena, Grosse Pointe Woods, MI -- 3
- Richard Skora, Columbus, OH -- 4
- Rex Meredith, Palm Springs, CA -- 5
- Tristan Fabriani, Passaic, NJ -- 6, Banner Tag
- Tom Stoudt, Fort Washington, PA -- 7, 9, 10 (Hat trick!) Hall of Famer
- Larry Hollister, Concord, CA -- 8 Hall of Famer
- Dave Henry, Slidell, LA -- 11 Hall of Famer
- Bryan Wendeln, Raleigh, NC -- 12
- Dave Wesley, Pleasant Hill, CA -- 13 Hall of Famer
- Andrew Hackard, Austin, TX -- 14
- Andy Grosser, Boston, MA -- List moderator, Topic
- Chris White, Los Angeles, CA -- List owner/editor Hall of Famer
- Yo La Tengo, Hoboken, NJ -- Ambience (explanation)
© Copyright 1994-2010. All rights reserved.
TopFive.com and The Top 5 List are owned by Chris White.
Absolutely no publishing or reprinting without prior consent.