C'mon, let's give it up for the band, people!
June 25, 2007
~~~ NOTE FROM CHRIS: ~~~
It's Little Fiver Month!
Today's list was compiled by
Top5 Politics moderator Tom Velasco.
Top5 Politics archives
Subscribe to the Little Fiver lists!
The Top 13 Signs a
Presidential Candidate Is an Actor
- Will show up for debates only if his dressing room has a bowl of green M&Ms.
- He's got that cold gleam of sincerity in his eye.
- Before each speech, he has to have an emotional moment.
- Refers to White House as "my next project."
- Changes "Hail to the Chief" to the theme from "The Tonight Show."
- After two terms as president, suddenly wakes up next to Suzanne Pleshette and discovers it was all a dream.
- She's a Scientologist, plus when Congress is out of session, she waits tables.
- Declares she will do nudity if it is integral to the bill.
- His answer to unrest in the Middle East? "Remove it digitally in post-production."
- "As Abraham Lincoln once said, 'Four score and seven years ago... um... and seven years ago...' [*ahem*] LINE!"
- "To stop bureaucratic waste, we need more whistle blowers! You know to be a whistle blower, don't you? Just put your lips together and blow."
- When he tosses his hat into the ring, his hairpiece goes flying right along with it.
and the Number 1 Sign a Presidential Candidate Is an Actor...
- Keeps interrupting the debate moderator to ask when he and Hillary are supposed to have their steamy love scene.
Our ClubTop5 members get to see the
Runner Up and Honorable Mention items
for today's list, plus much MUCH more.
Selected from 97 submissions from 34 contributors.
Today's Top Five List authors were:
- Mark D. Sabien, What Cheer, IA -- 1 (45th #1) Website / Hall of Famer
- Sandra Hull, Arlington, VA -- 2 Website / Hall of Famer
- David G. Scott, Kansas City, MO -- 3 Website
- Tristan Fabriani, Passaic, NJ -- 4
- Kevin Wickart, Normal, IL -- 5 Website
- Chuck Smith, Woodbridge, VA -- 6 Hall of Famer
- Bruce W. Alter, Fairfax Station, VA -- 7
- Stephen A. Segall, Poplar Bluff, MO -- 7
- Josh Sinnett, Bellingham, WA -- 8
- Daniel Weckerly, Limerick, PA -- 9 Hall of Famer
- Whit Watson, Winter Park, FL -- 10
- Mark Weiss, Austin, TX -- 11 Hall of Famer
- Andrew Hackard, Austin, TX -- 12
- Peter Bauer, Rochester, NY -- 13 Hall of Famer
- Douglas Frank, Crosby, TX -- Banner Tag
- Tom Velasco, Alexandria, VA -- List moderator
- Chris White, Los Angeles, CA -- List owner/editor Hall of Famer
- The Briggs, Los Angeles, CA -- Ambience (explanation)
© Copyright 1994-2010. All rights reserved.
TopFive.com and The Top 5 List are owned by Chris White.
Absolutely no publishing or reprinting without prior consent.