TopFive is filmed before a dead audience.
June 15, 2007
~~~ NOTE FROM CHRIS: ~~~
It's Little Fiver Month!
Today's list was compiled by
Top5 Comics moderator Jennifer Ford.
Top5 Comics archives.
Subscribe to the Little Fivers.
The Top 13 Lessons Learned From Comic Books
- Never trust a girl who offers to be your holder for field goals.
- While there is no cure for the common cold, one can overcome death via cosmic rays, magical incantations, or convenient plot developments.
- Avoiding the unwashed on public transportation is easy: Just look for the stink lines.
- Girls seldom make passes at secret identities who wear glasses.
- The cost of super-battle clean-up inevitably falls to the taxpayers.
- If your manager uses flowery adjectives, stage-whispered asides, and/or confers with a weirdly misshapen assistant while explaining your new project, odds are you work for a supervillain. Double those odds if he lets off a &qu
- "I can communicate telepathically with sea creatures!" is a totally lame pick-up line.
- A supervillian just out of jail can, in a few days, assemble an operation which puts NASA's entire space program to shame.
- Erasing Betty's and Veronica's sweaters does *not* expose their breasts.
- Never build a nuclear power plant anywhere near a genetics lab.
- You can find out what your friends are thinking by reading the bubbles over their heads.
- With great power come really impractical outfits.
and the Number 1 Lesson Learned From Comic Books...
- No one wants a subscription to Grit.
Our ClubTop5 members get to see the
Runner Up and Honorable Mention items
for today's list, plus much MUCH more.
Selected from 91 submissions from 34 contributors.
Today's Top Five List authors were:
- Bill Muse, Seattle, WA -- 1, 5 (83rd #1) Hall of Famer
- Joseph Prisco, Ithaca, NY -- 2, 12 Website
- David G. Scott, Kansas City, MO -- 3 Website
- Ed Smith, Chattanooga, TN -- 4 Hall of Famer
- David Zechiel, Lake Forest, CA -- 6
- Chuck Brown, St. Stephen, NB, Canada -- 7
- Carl Knorr, Devo City, OH -- 8 Website / Hall of Famer
- Nathan C. Sherman, Bellevue, WA -- 9
- John Mozena, Grosse Pointe Woods, MI -- 10
- Sandra Hull, Arlington, VA -- 11 Website / Hall of Famer
- Tom Stoudt, Fort Washington, PA -- 13 Hall of Famer
- Donald Junter, New Haven, CT -- Banner Tag
- Jennifer Ford, Chicago, IL -- Moderator, Topic Website
- Chris White, Los Angeles, CA -- List owner/editor Hall of Famer
- Ryuichi Sakamoto, Tokyo, Japan -- Ambience (explanation)
© Copyright 1994-2010. All rights reserved.
TopFive.com and The Top 5 List are owned by Chris White.
Absolutely no publishing or reprinting without prior consent.