December 6, 2001
The Top 15 Signs the Internet is Getting Full
- Instead of hearing "You've Got Mail!" when a new message comes in, you now hear a loud belch.
- Your new email address is 687 characters long.
- Your latest desktop tools for delivering urgent messages in the quickest possible timeframe? Envelopes and stamps.
- It is quicker to go to the friggin' 7-11 to get a paper than it is to load FoxNews.com's home page.
- Even with a high-speed connection, you finish before the Asia Carrera JPEG has downloaded.
- AOL cuts the number of CDs they send you to 30-40 per month.
- Earthlink politely asks whether you'd be interested in renting your extra hard drive space to them.
- Your buddy list has three branches of government and its own police force.
- Needless co-existence of separate, independent websites marykaterocks.com and ashleyrules.net.
- www.casino.com? Taken.
- Poor, overloaded porn sites are often forced to put two girls in the same picture!
- On clear nights, you can pick up eBay on your old AM radio.
- New porno sites reduced to sending flashers to subscribers' homes.
- After consuming the last tender young dotcom, Microsoft finally leans back from the table to undo the top button on its trousers.
and the Number 1 Sign the Internet is Getting Full...
- Your latest attempt to upload Pam Anderson pix to a newsgroup results in a response of "Give it a rest, dude!"
Join ClubTop5 and check out the Runners Up submissions for this list!
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Selected from 126 submissions from 48 contributors.
Today's Top Five List authors were:
- Chris Urich, Herkimer, NY -- 1 (Woohoo! 1st #1!)
- Beth Black, Misawa City, Japan -- 2 Email / Website
- Peter Bauer, Rochester, NY -- 3, 15
- Brad Osberg, Calgary, Canada -- 4, 13
- Slick Sharkey, Miami, FL -- 5 Hall of Famer
- Bryce Daigle, Cornwall, Ontario, Canada -- 6 (Rookie!)
- Tom Stoudt, Fort Washington, PA -- 7 (Rookie!)
- Jeff Scherer, Brooklyn, NY -- 8, Runner Up list name Email
- Kim Moser, New York, NY -- 9 Email
- Dave Goudsward, Boynton Beach, FL -- 10 Email
- Mark Weiss, Austin, TX -- 11
- Marshal Perlman, Minneapolis, MN -- 12 Email / Website
- Kristie Black, Toronto, Ontario, Canada -- 14
- Mark Niebuhr, Minneapolis, MN -- Topic Website
- Jim Griffith, Sunnyvale, CA -- Banner Tag
- Dave Wesley, Pleasant Hill, CA -- HM list name Email / Hall of Famer
- Tristan Fabriani, Passaic, NJ -- List moderator
- Chris White, Los Angeles, CA -- List owner/editor Email / Hall of Famer
- Marianne Faithfull, London, England -- Ambience (explanation)