Now fully Y2K comp+++NO CARRIER+++
September 30, 1999
~~~ NOTE FROM CHRIS: ~~~
There's been an uproar recently over the Pokemon card fad --
trading cards for children, with the images of Pokemon
cartoon characters. It seems some parents think that
the cards foster a gambling habit in young children.
How can you tell if *your* kid is hooked? Take this simple test:
The Top 12 Signs Your Kid has
a Pokemon Card Gambling Problem
- Hocks the dog for a Pikachu and 2 Jigglypuffs.
- Last year's $1600 Beanie Baby collection is nowhere to be found.
- You find a My Little Pony head in his bed.
- She refers to the neighbor kids as "those dirty, Pikachu-hoarding bastards."
- Little Timothy now insists on being called "Montana Tim."
- Has taken to calling you "Daddylion" and "Mommozar."
- Claims her kneecaps were broken in a freak hopscotch accident.
- Christmas list includes Legos, in-line skates and $30,000 to pay back "Vinnie the Shark."
- From behind the garage, you hear: "Come on, Baby! Pikachu needs a new pair of shoes!"
- Pete Rose keeps calling to ask if little Johnny can come out and play.
- You receive a package from summer camp containing Billy's ear and a note asking for Charizard.
and the Number 1 Sign Your Kid has a Pokemon Card Gambling Problem...
- She's been on the phone all morning, ranting and chain-smoking candy cigarettes.
Join ClubTop5 and check out the Runners Up submissions for this list!
Selected from 92 submissions from 38 contributors.
Today's Top Five List authors were:
- Jeff Scherer, Brooklyn, NY -- 1, 3, 10 (11th #1) (Hat Trick!) Email
- Jim Rosenberg, Greensboro, NC -- 2 Email / Website / Hall of Famer
- Peter Bauer, Rochester, NY -- 3
- Patrick Douglas Crispen, Univ of Alabama -- 3 Email / Website
- Curt Cutting, Santa Monica, CA -- 3
- Greg Sadosuk, Fairfax, VA -- 4, 7 Email
- Larry G. Hollister, Concord, CA -- 5 Email / Website / Hall of Famer
- Bill Muse, Seattle, WA -- 6 Email / Hall of Famer
- Jeff Rabinowitz, Denver, CO -- 8 Email
- Troy Roberson, Birmingham, AL -- 8 Email
- Jon Litfin, Columbus, OH -- 9 Email
- Wade Kwon, Birmingham, AL -- 10 Email / Website
- Kevin Wickart, Normal, IL -- 10 Email
- Ann Bartow, Dayton, OH -- 11
- Dave Henry, Slidell, LA -- 11 Email
- Rachel Blubaugh, Lewisville, TX -- 12 Email / Website
- Andy Pierson, Huntingtown, MD -- Banner Tag
- Alan Smithee, Sugar Land, TX -- Runner Up list name Email
- Tristan Fabriani, Passaic, NJ -- Honorable Mention list name Email
- Chris White, New York, NY -- List owner/editor Email / Hall of Famer
- The Rolling Stones, London, England -- Ambience