September 27, 2001
The Top 12 Surprises in Enterprise, the New Star Trek Series
- Klingons are *major* pussies.
- "You're right, crewman Jeffries, somebody *should* build some access tubes around here!"
- As a result of some earlier 21st century joint ventures with a certain car company, this Enterprise comes equipped with dent-resistant polymer side panels.
- Early attempts at encrypting transmissions to the Vulcans: Pig Latin.
- Dilithium crystals not discovered yet, so starships get their power from hamsters hopped up on andro.
- It turns out the Federation was originally an Amway distributorship.
- Before each episode, the entertainment industry officially apologizes for being out of ideas.
- Lt. Kirk sporting one nasty 'fro.
- Prototype transporter can only beam things ten feet at a time.
- That "Klingons around Uranus" joke? Still funny.
- Enterprise's first five-year mission? Touring with the Dead, dude!
and the Number 1 Surprise in Enterprise, the New Star Trek Series...
- The Vulcan Buttmeld.
Join ClubTop5 and check out the Runners Up submissions for this list!
Selected from 127 submissions from 43 contributors.
Today's Top Five List authors were:
- Chuck Smith, Woodbridge, VA -- 1 (22nd #1) Email / Hall of Famer
- Jason Anderson, Birmingham, AL -- 2, 6 Email
- Craig Stacey, Romeoville, IL -- 3, Topic Email / Website
- Gregory Swarthout, Murray, UT -- 4 Email
- Steve Hurd, Oakland, CA -- 5 Hall of Famer
- Jim Griffith, Sunnyvale, CA -- 7
- Peter Bauer, Rochester, NY -- 8
- Fran Fruit, Winnetka, IL -- 8
- Michael Sheinbaum, King of Prussia, PA -- 9 Email / Website
- Brad Osberg, Calgary, Canada -- 10
- Larry Hollister, Concord, CA -- 11 Email / Website / Hall of Famer
- Bob Van Voris, New York, NY -- 12
- Kevin Freels, Walnut Creek, CA -- Runner Up list name Email / Website
- Sandra Hull, Arlington, VA -- Honorable Mention list name Email / Website
- Craig Stacey, Romeoville, IL -- List moderator
- Chris White, Los Angeles, CA -- List owner/editor Email / Hall of Famer
- Stanley Clarke, Philadelphia, PA -- Ambience (explanation)