September 26, 2001
The Top 14 Chapters in "NASCAR for Dummies"
- Chapter 1: How to Read
- Chapter 6: Dress for Success: Tube Tops and Skynyrd Tour Shirts
- Chapter 4: Advanced Technical Terms -- "Yeeeehaww!", "Whoooodoggie!", and "Golldurn!"
- Chapter 12: Why Drunk Chicks Flash the Drivers, and How to Nail Them
- Chapter 17: "I Watch for the Allegorical Portrayal of Post-Modern Tropism" and Other Things to Tell Fancy-Pants Urbanites
- Chapter 5: Saying "Dick Trickle" Without Snickering
- Appendix A: 20 Quick Prayers for Those Upside-Down Moments
- Chapter 2: The Finer Points of Hating Jeff Gordon
- Chapter 13: Where to Find Them Little Fake "Calvin" Kids Peeing On Stuff
- Chapter 8: I Tell You Whut!
- Chapter 9: Going the Distance: Peeing Into an Empty Big Gulp Cup at 200+ mph
- Chapter 15: Spit or Swallow? Learning to Chew Tobacco Through Sexual Metaphors
- Chapter 3: Hey, Isn't Dale a Girl's Name?
and the Number 1 Chapter in "NASCAR for Dummies"...
- Chapter 7: The Mullet: The Haircut of the Gods is a Practical AND Fashionable Hairstyle for the Discerning Automotive Enthusiast
Join ClubTop5 and check out the Runners Up submissions for this list!
Selected from 116 submissions from 42 contributors.
Today's Top Five List authors were:
- Kim Moser, New York, NY -- 1 (20th #1) Email
- Peter Rogers, Austin, TX -- 1 (13th #1)
- Michael Wolf, Brookline, MA -- 2
- Greg Pettit, Houston, TX -- 3, 12 Email
- Brad Osberg, Calgary, Canada -- 4
- Craig Stacey, Romeoville, IL -- 5 Email / Website
- Jennifer Ford, Fort Wayne, IN -- 6 Email / Website
- Rachel Blubaugh, Lewisville, TX -- 7 Email / Website
- Jim Griffith, Sunnyvale, CA -- 7
- Larry Hollister, Concord, CA -- 8 Email / Website / Hall of Famer
- Bob Mader, Knoxville, TN -- 9
- Slick Sharkey, Miami, FL -- 10 Hall of Famer
- Dave Goudsward, Harrisburg, PA -- 11 Email
- Dan Johnson, Champlin, MN -- 13 Website
- Bob Van Voris, New York, NY -- 14
- Sandra Hull, Arlington, VA -- Topic Email / Website
- Tristan Fabriani, Passaic, NJ -- Banner Tag Email
- Kevin Freels, Walnut Creek, CA -- Runner Up list name Email / Website
- Bill Muse, Seattle, WA -- HM list name Email / Hall of Famer
- Tristan Fabriani, Passaic, NJ -- List moderator
- Chris White, Los Angeles, CA -- List owner/editor Email / Hall of Famer
- Racer X, Los Angeles, CA -- Ambience (explanation)