Now with 25% more titillation!
September 23, 1999
~~~ NOTE FROM CHRIS: ~~~
Today's list is a shameless plug for ourselves.
Yes, that's right -- Top5 is not above pimping our
own badass selves in an effort to increase our subscribership.
The Top 14 Reasons to Recommend Top5 to a Friend
- It just might convince him to start a lame joke list of his own -- and God knows we could use a few more of those!
- If you're fresh out of Mentos, how else are you going to look hip?
- Bill Gates will give you a free trip to Disneyland!
- You simply would NOT believe what the insurance costs on Chris White's new Ferrari.
- Can impress his friends by lip-synching the list when your local morning DJ reads it the next day!
- Playing Minesweeper only occupies 99.5% of her workday -- and that means she's still got 1.8 minutes to kill somehow.
- The more friends you notify, the sooner you reach "Clear" status.
- It'll help make up for that "Amway Online" thing.
- Joe Walthrop of Rockford, IL didn't recommend Top5 to a friend, and the next day he was fired from his job, divorced by his wife, run over by an escaped elephant, and forced to spend the next three years strapped to a hospital bed in front of a TV that could only pick up "Knight Rider" reruns dubbed in Spanish.
- It never hurts to stockpile smart-ass comments, does it?
- It'll be a great ice-breaker if he ever catches you naked in his wife's closet.
- It's cheaper and less thoughtful than a REAL gift!
- He'll laugh so hard he'll soil himself -- thereby reducing the need for a dietary fiber supplement.
and the Number 1 Reason to Recommend Top5 to a Friend...
- Because if you don't, the puppy gets it.
Join ClubTop5 and check out the Runners Up submissions for this list!
Selected from 122 submissions from 45 contributors.
Today's Top Five List authors were:
- Peter Bauer, Rochester, NY -- 1 (8th #1)
- Sam Evans, Charleston, SC -- 2 Email / Hall of Famer
- Greg Sadosuk, Fairfax, VA -- 3 Email
- Greg Pettit, Houston, TX -- 4, 6 Email
- Lisa Lavoie, Waltham, MA -- 5 Email
- Mitch Berg, Saint Paul, MN -- 7 Email / Website
- Wade Kwon, Birmingham, AL -- 8 Email / Website
- Peter Rogers, Boston, MA -- 9
- Marsha Clodfelter, Corpus Christi, TX -- 10 Email / Hall of Famer
- Martell Stroup, Boston, MA -- 10 Email
- Jeff Rabinowitz, Denver, CO -- 11, 14, Honorable Mention list name Email
- Sue Prifogle Otte, Rushville, IN -- 12 Email
- Mark Schmidt, Santa Cruz, CA -- 12 Email
- David W. James, Los Angeles, CA -- 13 Email / Hall of Famer
- Brian Auten, Tecumseh, MI -- Topic Email / Website
- Carla Brandon, San Diego, CA -- Banner Tag Email
- Dave Wesley, Pleasant Hill, CA -- Runner Up list name Email / Hall of Famer
- Chris White, New York, NY -- List owner/editor Email / Hall of Famer
- Billy Joel, Hicksville, New York -- Ambience