Read by over 71 trillion people daily -- as far as YOU know.
September 21, 1999
~~~ NOTE FROM CHRIS: ~~~
Today's list is a Top5 Classic,
originally published on April 10, 1998.
The Top 16 Rejected Motel 6 Slogans
- We're working on that smell thing, too.
- Because you deserve better than the backseat of some car.
- As seen on "COPS"
- If We'd Known You Were Staying All Night, We'd Have Changed the Sheets
- Not just for nooners anymore.
- We left off the 9, but you know it's there.
- You rented the room, now buy the video.
- Sure, you could stay someplace nicer, but then you wouldn't have money left over for a hooker.
- We'll leave the Lysol for ya!
- Hey, we're not the Ritz, but just try banging your secretary there on *your* salary, pal!
- We don't make the adultery. We make the adultery *better*
- It's Hookerriffic!
- Official Lodging of the 1998 Florida Marlins
- Blurring the line between stains and avant garde sheet art since 1962!
- Cheap and Easy -- Just Like Your Mother
and the Number 1 Rejected Motel 6 Slogan...
- We put the "Ho" in "Motel"
Join ClubTop5 and check out the Runners Up submissions for this list!
Selected from 152 submissions from 54 contributors.
Today's Top Five List authors were:
- Jim Rosenberg, Greensboro, NC -- 1, 6 (7th #1) Email / Website
- Beth Kohl, Chicago, IL -- 2
- Caroline Gennity, Virginia Beach, VA -- 3, 9 Email / Hall of Famer
- Don Swain, Pontiac, MI -- 4 Email
- Fred Hesby, Portland, OR -- 5 Email / Website
- Christopher Troise, New York, NY -- 7 Email
- Larry G. Hollister, Concord, CA -- 8, RU list name Email / Website
- Don Horton, Sacramento, CA -- 10
- Gene Markins-Dieden, New Haven, CT -- 11
- Bill Muse, Seattle, WA -- 12 Email / Hall of Famer
- Bruce Ansley, Baltimore, MD -- 13 Email / Hall of Famer
- John Voigt, Chicago, IL -- 14 Hall of Famer
- Josh Fruhlinger, Oakland, CA -- 15
- Greg Pettit, Houston, TX -- 15 Email
- Mark Schmidt, Santa Cruz, CA -- 16 Email
- Paul Paternoster, Redwood City, CA -- Topic Email / Hall of Famer
- Dave Henry, Slidell, LA -- Banner Tag Email
- Chris White, New York, NY -- List owner/editor Email / Hall of Famer
- Frank Zappa, Los Angeles, CA -- Ambience