September 17, 2001
~~~ NOTE FROM CHRIS: ~~~
Today's list was compiled from submissions
sent in by our lovely and talented
The Top 16 Signs Your Co-Worker is From Another Planet
- "A list? Of hurricane names?? Ha! What a riot!!"
- "These are not the reports you're looking for."
- Screams and spits acid on your monitor whenever your Sigourney Weaver screensaver loads.
- He actually expects his benefits to include non-HMO-based health care.
- Constantly praises British cuisine.
- Uses nouns such as "leverage" and "action" as verbs.
- Takes his coffee black. And intravenously.
- His siblings Tito and LaToya keep dropping by his cubicle.
- ALL YOUR PAPER CLIPS ARE BELONG TO US!
- When she phones home, the lights in the building dim.
- He enjoys sucking the life energy out of his fellow employees and leaving behind soulless zombies -- and he's not even in management yet.
- No matter how many ideas get tossed around, he always settles on "Plan 9."
- Thinks "Star Wars, Episode II: Attack of the Clones" is a totally cool title.
- You can't remember any projects you've worked on with him for at least six months, and your ass is killing you.
- That new "Client Server" manual he's writing? IT'S A COOKBOOK!!!
and the Number 1 Sign Your Co-Worker is From Another Planet...
- "Who's Gary Condit?"
Join ClubTop5 and check out the Runners Up submissions for this list!
Selected from 411 submissions from 223 contributors.
Today's Top Five List authors were:
- Jay DeSimone, Philadelphia, PA -- 1
- Paul Atkinson, Portland, OR -- 1
- Jeff Abramsohn, Waltham, MA -- 2
- Michael E. Cain, Salem, NH -- 3
- Julie Keefer, Raleigh, NC -- 3
- Matt Carson, Brooklyn, NY -- 4
- Rabbi Crut, Bowling Green, OH -- 5
- Bernard Donohue, Glendale, CA -- 6
- James Knowles, Bellingham, WA -- 6
- Marko Peric, Prince Edward Island, Canada -- 6
- Keith Alexander, Sandy Hook, CT -- 7, 13
- Susan Earley, Bensenville, IL -- 7
- Josh Larson, Roseville, MN -- 7
- Chris Pultz, Denver, CO -- 8
- David Hughey, Decatur, GA -- 8
- Rob Graber, Minneapolis, MN -- 8
- Boe Bowen, Kansas City, MO -- 8
- Sean Johnson, Charlotte, NC -- 8
- Jill Rosenberg, Seattle, WA -- 9
- Keith Meyer, London, UK -- 9, Banner Tag
- William Nienke, Dallas, TX -- 10
- Robert Elliott, whereabouts unknown -- 11
- Alexis Iglauer, London, UK -- 12
- Ted Remington, Aurora, CO -- 14
- Orville Williamson, Arlington, TX -- 14
- Peg Meister Brown, Outside Pittsburgh, PA -- 15
- Paul J. Iutzi, Normal, IL -- 16
- Derek Seabury, Somerville, MA -- Runner Up list name
- Kirsten Smith, Lynnwood, WA -- Honorable Mention list name
- Mark Niebuhr, Minneapolis, MN -- List moderator
- Chris White, Los Angeles, CA -- List owner/editor Email / Hall of Famer
- Plate O' Shrimp, Minneapolis, MN -- Ambience (explanation)