September 10, 2001
~~~ NOTE FROM CHRIS: ~~~
TopFive's website was down for part of the
day last Thursday -- but there's a reason
for that. Sixteen reasons, to be exact...
The Top 16 Reasons the TopFive.com Website Was Down
- Unplugged the server to plug in the Salad Shooter, then forgot to plug it back in.
- "No, seriously, this has never happened to us before..."
- Enter TopFive staff frightened out of their wits by a TV sighting of Michael Jackson's nose.
- System goes neglected as Chris spends yet another day having a good cry while watching "Bridges of Madison County."
- New webmaster Al Gore was busy playing "Tomb Raider."
- It wasn't actually down -- only *really* cool people had access that day.
- "Upload today's list, please, Hal."
"I'm afraid I can't do that, Chris."
- Hey, beer costs money, smartass.
- Those damned Clinton staffers removed the number 5 from our keyboards!
- "The contributors all had dates, and we were on the beach and our dates said let's go swimming and we said we don't have our suits and our dates said who needs a suit and--
Mom! Why'd you have to wake me up? What do you mean the dog peed on my computer?!?"
- Just giving those goofballs at www.f*ckedcompany.com something to do.
- Let's just say we *now* know that the ol' webserver isn't bongwater proof.
- Overloaded by ClubTop5 members viewing naked pictures of Playmate of the Month Larry Hollister.
- We did a little work on our site in anticipation of that "Y2K bug" we keep hearing about.
- A certain someone's "J-Lo-Nude" folder on the server had reached 850 gigabytes.
and the Number 1 Reason the TopFive.com Website Was Down...
- When God says no more hurricane lists, God means it!
Join ClubTop5 and check out the Runners Up submissions for this list!
Selected from 100 submissions from 38 contributors.
Today's Top Five List authors were:
- Michael Sheinbaum, King of Prussia, PA -- 1 (9th #1) Email / Website
- Joseph Moore, Concord, CA -- 1 (7th #1) Email
- Mark Schmidt, Paris, France -- 2 Email
- Danny Gallagher, Austin, TX -- 3 Email
- Slick Sharkey, Miami, FL -- 4 Hall of Famer
- Bill Muse, Seattle, WA -- 5, 16, RU name Email / Hall of Famer
- Tristan Fabriani, Passaic, NJ -- 6, 10, 14 (Hat Trick!) Email
- Dave Wesley, Pleasant Hill, CA -- 7 Email / Hall of Famer
- Daniel Weckerly, Limerick, PA -- 8
- Mark Niebuhr, Minneapolis, MN -- 9 Website
- Jody LaFerriere, Leominster, MA -- 11 Website
- Jaime McCarley, Houston, TX -- 12 Email
- Allen Lindsey, Cincinnati, OH -- 13
- Wade Kwon, Birmingham, AL -- 15 Email / Website
- Spike Jones, Atlanta, GA -- Topic
- Peter Rogers, Austin, TX -- Banner Tag
- Sandra Hull, Arlington, VA -- Runner Up list name Email / Website
- Kevin Freels, Walnut Creek, CA -- Honorable Mention list name Email / Website
- Tristan Fabriani, Passaic, NJ -- List moderator
- Chris White, Los Angeles, CA -- List owner/editor Email / Hall of Famer
- Miles Davis, Alton, IL -- Ambience (explanation)