Kills germs on contact.
September 7, 1999
~~~ NOTE FROM CHRIS: ~~~
Todays' list is made up solely of submissions
sent in by ClubTop5 subscribers.
The Top 16 Differences if Nobody had Invented the Wheel
- One less thing for Al Gore to claim he invented.
- Amble-by shootings just don't send rival gangs the right message.
- With cars up on blocks in front of every house on the planet, Jeff Foxworthy languishes in obscurity.
- Parents around the world rejoice as nothing whatsoever on the bus goes 'round and 'round.
- While much faster than 30 minutes, catapult system for pizza home delivery is still an inexact science.
- Leather jackets or not, the Hell's Angels are far less intimidating on donkeys.
- Abundance of gratuitous TV pogo stick chases by Pamela Anderson.
- Drag racing, while more literal, is markedly less exciting.
- 95% of retail space taken by Nike, leaving only 5% for Starbucks.
- Roulette's not quite as exciting with everyone betting on the corners.
- Major drop in teen pregnancies, as copulating on the back of a horse is not as much fun as it would seem to be.
- James Dean's death from running head-first into a tree isn't nearly as romantic when there's no car involved.
- Millions of slovenly hamsters with unsightly love-handles playing video games all day.
- V_NN_ WH_T_ W_ULD B_ TURN_NG TR_CKS _NST__D _F L_TT_RS
- Ladies and Gentlemen: His Honor the President... Ted Kennedy!
and the Number 1 Difference if Nobody had Invented the Wheel...
- Circusgoers marvel as 50 clowns manage to cram themselves into a small horse.
Join ClubTop5 and check out the Runners Up submissions for this list!
Selected from 188 submissions from 106 contributors.
Today's Top Five List authors were:
- Rebecca Martz & Jenny Rowland, Fullerton, CA -- 1 (Woo-hoo!!!)
- Keith Martin, Rancho Cordova, CA -- 2
- Steven Lunetta, Page, AZ -- 2
- Joe Tobin, Chicago, IL -- 3
- Robert Eskridge, Carrollton, TX -- 4
- Ryan A. Markle, Chesterton, IN -- 4
- Joe Lex, Philadelphia, PA -- 5
- Jody LaFerriere, Leominster, MA -- 6
- Steven Lunetta, Page, AZ -- 6
- C. Dean Salyorn, Chapel Hill, NC -- 7
- Matt Hart, Tulsa, OK -- 8
- Amanda Trulson, Salt Lake City, UT -- 9
- Adam Diamond, Somerville, MA -- 9
- Fran Fruit, Winnetka, IL -- 9
- George Valenzuela, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada -- 9
- Jeff Tom, Torrance, CA -- 9
- Mark H. Anbinder, Ithaca, NY -- 9
- Alan Rea, Kalamazoo, MI -- 9
- Brian Nelson, Dallas, TX -- 10
- Chuck Wagon, Chicago, IL -- 11
- Chris Doucette, Sharon, MA -- 11
- Pamela Rice Hahn, St. Marys, OH -- 11
- Sean Hogarty, Cambridge, MA -- 11
- Bill Burgess, Houston, TX -- 12
- M.P. Cunningham, Woodridge, IL -- 13
- David Cortright, Sunnyvale, CA -- 13
- Shane Van Cott, Orem, UT -- 13
- Jeffrey K Eliasen, Los Lunas, NM -- 14
- Tom Wideman, Grapevine, TX -- 15
- Sandra Hull, Arlington VA -- 15
- Beth Camero, Woodland, CA -- 15
- Jim Wright, Portland, OR -- 16
- Wayne Jones, Somerville, MA -- 16
- Mark Schmidt, Santa Cruz, CA -- Topic
- Tristan Fabriani, Passaic, NJ -- RU list name
- Alan Smithee, Sugar Land, TX -- HM list name
- Chris White, New York, NY -- List owner/editor
- Journey, San Francisco, CA -- Ambience