July 11, 2001
The Top 15 Least Useful Scientific Experiments
- Determining What Microwave Oven Setting Will Cause Dick Cheney's Implant to Perform the Drum Solo from "Wipeout"
- If you hold up a 250 mile-tall drinking straw, will the vacuum of space suck out the atmosphere through the straw into space?
- Discovering the Human Factor Behind Termination of Canine Incarceration: Who Let the Dogs Out?
- Determining the Optimal Environment for Belly Button Lint Growth
- Supersaturation: How Many Items Can Appear On A 5-Item List?
- Jennifer Lopez's Ass: Particle or Wave?
- Determining Genetic Combination of Radically Different Morphologies (aka Why Cameron Diaz Should Have Sex With Me)
- Does Jay Leno's jaw get bigger as David Letterman's hair recedes?
- Classification and Measurement of Arbo-Rectal Implants: How Far Up Tom DeLay's Ass Does That Stick Really Go?
- Marmota Monax and Forest Product Propulsion: Just Exactly How Much Wood Would a Woodchuck Chuck?
- Detecting the Chemical Composition of Mike Tyson Just Before His Next Fight
- Measuring the Cheez Whiz Capacity of MC Hammer's Pants
- The Avian Defecation/Automotive Cleanliness Nexis: A Study in the Guano Production as a Function of "Car Wash" Proximity
- Monkeys, Jerry Springer Guests and Typewriters: Is "Hamlet" in Their Future?
and the Number 1 Least Useful Scientific Experiment...
- T'n'A Sequencing
Join ClubTop5 and check out the Runners Up submissions for this list!
Selected from 120 submissions from 44 contributors.
Today's Top Five List authors were:
- Kevin Freels, Walnut Creek, CA -- 1 (14th #1) Email / Website
- Larry Hollister, Concord, CA -- 2 Email / Website / Hall of Famer
- Joseph Moore, Concord, CA -- 2, 3, 6 Email
- Fran Fruit, Winnetka, IL -- 4, 15
- Geoff Brown, Ann Arbor, MI -- 5 Email / Website / Hall of Famer
- Jesse Weiss, Dallas, TX -- 6 Website
- Mark Weiss, Austin, TX -- 6
- John Mozena, Grosse Pointe Woods, MI -- 7
- Paul Schindler, Orinda, CA -- 8 Email / Website
- Kevin Wickart, Normal, IL -- 9 Email / Website
- Mark Niebuhr, Minneapolis, MN -- 10, 11, Topic Website
- Sandra Hull, Arlington, VA -- 11 Email / Website
- Peg Warner, Exeter, NH -- 12 Email / Website
- Danny Gallagher, Austin, TX -- 13 Email
- Marshal Perlman, Minneapolis, MN -- 14 Email / Website
- Tristan Fabriani, Passaic, NJ -- Banner Tag Email
- Lev L. Spiro, Los Angeles, CA -- Runner Up list name Email / Hall of Famer
- Geoff Brown, Ann Arbor, MI -- List moderator, Honorable Mention name
- Chris White, Los Angeles, CA -- List owner/editor Email / Hall of Famer
- Oingo Boingo, Los Angeles, CA -- Ambience (explanation)