July 6, 2001
~~~ NOTE FROM CHRIS: ~~~
Are you funny? I mean, FUNNY funny?
Many of our Little Fiver moderators are still
looking for contributors for their lists.
Hone your comedic skills!
Build your funny muscle!
Just go here.
The Top 14 Words We Should
Add to the English Language
- anonymiss -- the act of forgetting someone's name immediately upon being introduced
- crough -- to cough during a play or concert, causing other people around you to cough
- jennamnesia -- to be so drunk as to forget you're the President's daughter
- bobbityboo -- mental distress in males inspired by thoughts of surgically-removed penises
- spaffle -- completely cooked waffle iron runoff
- smealth -- the ability to secretly leave behind body odor in an elevator to be blamed on the next person who enters
- algoria -- finding one's Day Planner suddenly very, very, open
- massturbation -- group phone sex
- dopplersation -- a discussion held by two people who are continuing to move away from each other
- afterblow -- the compulsive need to review the contents of one's handkerchief following a good nose-blow
- spillisecond -- the fraction of a second in which one may recover a toppled beverage before any liquid spills out
- algebrassierism -- the compulsion to spend time in math class spelling "BOOBIES" on an upside-down calculator
- doglet -- any breed of dog so small it can be terrorized by the average-sized house cat
and the Number 1 Word We Should Add to the English Language...
- squee-squee -- the curved line on a windshield caused by a little nick in an old wiper blade
Join ClubTop5 and check out the Runners Up submissions for this list!
Selected from 107 submissions from 44 contributors.
Today's Top Five List authors were:
- Travis Ruetenik, Honolulu, HI -- 1, 9 (4th #1)
- Kathy Good, Phoenix, AZ -- 2
- Chris Walker, Calimesa, CA -- 3 Email / Website
- J. Hutter, San Francisco, CA -- 4, 14
- Allen Lindsey, Cincinnati, OH -- 5
- Kevin Wickart, Normal, IL -- 6 Email / Website
- Sandra Hull, Arlington, VA -- 7 Email / Website
- Mark Niebuhr, Minneapolis, MN -- 8 Website
- Danny Gallagher, Austin, TX -- 10, 13 Email
- Doug Finney, Houston, TX -- 11 Email
- Eric Lipton, Washington, DC -- 12
- Jim Griffith, Sunnyvale, CA -- Topic
- Tristan Fabriani, Passaic, NJ -- Banner Tag Email
- Lev L. Spiro, Los Angeles, CA -- RU list name Email / Hall of Famer
- Bill Muse, Seattle, WA -- HM list name Email / Hall of Famer
- Michael Sheinbaum, King of Prussia, PA -- List moderator
- Chris White, Los Angeles, CA -- List owner/editor Email / Hall of Famer
- The English Beat, Birmingham, England -- Ambience (explanation)