In case of water landing, use list as flotation device.
May 18, 2001
The Top 15 White House Press Quotes
That Sound Dirty but Aren't
- "Bush had some face time with the Minority Whip last night."
- "The President worked late into the night, pausing only to eat rice."
- "Contrary to reports he's blowing off environmentalists, the president enjoys exploring deep into our interior."
- "Ideas are important -- and the First Lady sure has a couple of big ones."
- "As for the budget, the Bush trimmings will leave many hardliners excited."
- "Dick's staff has right behind Colin during this painful ordeal."
- "Boy Scout troop 547 got to see Bush in the Oval Office today."
- "The naturally curious President Bush has asked NASA to probe Uranus."
- "...and I want to give it to the American people, because they've earned it!"
- "The President's staff eagerly acknowledged the First Lady's return."
- "Thank you all for coming."
- "The President debriefed his staff this morning."
- "According to Mrs. Bush, the President still doesn't know the precise location of the little red button."
- "Steady growth in the private sector is crucial to our plans to penetrate abroad."
and the Number 1 White House Press Quote That Sounds Dirty but Isn't...
- "Loud opposition was shown by Putin during the President's speech."
Join ClubTop5 and check out the Runners Up submissions for this list!
Selected from 84 submissions from 37 contributors.
Today's Top Five List authors were:
- Travis Ruetenik, Honolulu, HI -- 1 (3rd #1)
- Larry Hollister, Concord, CA -- 2, RU list name Email / Website / Hall of Famer
- J. Hutter, San Francisco, CA -- 3, 10
- Slick Sharkey, Miami, FL -- 4, 15 Hall of Famer
- Mark Schmidt, Paris, France -- 5 Email
- Dave Henry, Slidell, LA -- 6 Email
- Steve Hurd, Oakland, CA -- 7 Hall of Famer
- David Bryant, Columbia, MD -- 8 Email
- Beth Gaynor, Columbus, OH -- 9 Email / Website
- Wade Kwon, Birmingham, AL -- 11 Email / Website
- Pat McCarley, Missouri City, TX -- 12
- Doug Johnson, Santa Cruz, CA -- 13 Email / Hall of Famer
- Pat Sajak, Los Angeles, CA -- 14 Website
- Jeffrey Anbinder, New York, NY -- Topic Email / Website
- Tristan Fabriani, Passaic, NJ -- Banner Tag Email
- Dave Wesley, Pleasant Hill, CA -- Honorable Mention list name Email / Hall of Famer
- Tristan Fabriani, Passaic, NJ -- List moderator
- Chris White, Los Angeles, CA -- List owner/editor Email / Hall of Famer
- The Revolting Cocks, origins unknown -- Ambience (explanation)
© Copyright 1994-2010. All rights reserved.
TopFive.com and The Top 5 List are owned by Chris White.
Absolutely no publishing or reprinting without prior consent.