May 15, 2001
~~~ NOTE FROM CHRIS: ~~~
Well... did you miss us?
We took a little time off so that I could do some
web site home-improvement work, as well as plan a
few changes to the e-mail version of the list.
Among the things you'll see over the next few weeks
are the web site's facelift, even *more* reasons to
join ClubTop5, and -- TA-DA! -- TopFive T-shirts!
But when I found myself in a supermarket
trying to come up with "The Top 14 Reasons
to Buy Mustard Greens Instead of Bok Choy,"
I knew it was time to resume publishing lists.
The Top 15 Exhibits in the Clinton Presidential Library
- The book Bill pretended to read while waiting for Hillary to fall asleep
- The Clinton Papers: Bambu and EZ Wider
- The beer goggles Bubba wore when he hit on Paula Jones
- Rejection letter from the McDonald's Corporation concerning the President's suggestion for "toy pardons" in Happy Meals
- His star-shaped shades, high-heeled boots and multi-colored wig from the P-Funk days
- Autographed up-skirt 8x10 of Stevie Nicks
- The $60 million dry cleaning bill
- The Official Presidential Oval Office Wet-Nap Dispenser
- Five bomb-proof underground levels of grade A, high-octane porn
- The Rush Limbaugh Exploding Head
- Pantless Animatronic Clinton that "salutes" female guests
- George Stephanopolous's booster seat
- Scale-model White House ice sculpture, kept cold by the glacial stare from Hillary's portrait
- Interactive "Write Your Own Pardon For $10" kiosk
and the Number 1 Exhibit in the Clinton Presidential Library...
- Al Gore's dashed presidential hopes
Join ClubTop5 and check out the Runners Up submissions for this list!
Selected from 127 submissions from 51 contributors.
Today's Top Five List authors were:
- Doug Johnson, Santa Cruz, CA -- 1, 9 (13th #1) Email / Hall of Famer
- Steve Hurd, Oakland, CA -- 2 Hall of Famer
- Bill Muse, Seattle, WA -- 2 Email / Hall of Famer
- Dave Wesley, Pleasant Hill, CA -- 2 Email / Hall of Famer
- Charles Gulledge, Richardson, TX -- 2
- Wade Kwon, Birmingham, AL -- 3 Email / Website
- Slick Sharkey, Miami, FL -- 4, Runner Up list name Hall of Famer
- Lloyd Jacobson, Washington, DC -- 5 Hall of Famer
- Ed Smith, Chattanooga, TN -- 6 Hall of Famer
- Mitch Patterson, Atlanta, GA -- 7 Email / Website
- Reid Kerr, Carthage, TX -- 8 Email / Website
- Gene Markins-Dieden, New Haven, CT -- 10
- Jeff Scherer, Brooklyn, NY -- 11 Email
- Pat Sajak, Los Angeles, CA -- 12 Website
- J. Hutter, San Francisco, CA -- 13
- Kim Moser, New York, NY -- 14 Email
- Doug Finney, Houston, TX -- 15 Email
- Dozens and dozens of people -- Topic
- Tristan Fabriani, Passaic, NJ -- Banner Tag Email
- Sandra Hull, Arlington, VA -- Honorable Mention list name Email / Website
- Larry Hollister, Concord, CA -- HM list name Email / Website / Hall of Famer
- Tristan Fabriani, Passaic, NJ -- List moderator
- Chris White, Los Angeles, CA -- List owner/editor Email / Hall of Famer
- Pink Floyd, London, England -- Ambience (explanation)