You like us! You really, really like us!
March 28, 2000
~~~ NOTE FROM CHRIS: ~~~
Today's guest moderator is none other than
the infamous Don Swain of Rochester Hills, MI!
The Top 14 Rejected Slogans for Beer
- Beer: Getting sorority girls knocked up for 300 years
- Goes Down Cold, Comes Up Smooth!
- A decent excuse for your normal clumsy self
- Because You're Sober
- Tastes like piss, but you'll drink it anyway
- Beer: That nasty taste means it's workin'!
- You have to fill your bladder with something.
- Don't Make Germany Angry. You Wouldn't Like Germany When It's Angry.
- We don't make the urine. We make the urine faster.
- Numbing the Embarrassment of Being You
- It's the thicker-chicker-picker-upper!
- Easier to Spell than Whiskey
- The *Other* Thin Yellowish Liquid
and the Number 1 Rejected Slogan for Beer...
- Beer: It's how you got here.
Join ClubTop5 and check out the Runners Up submissions for this list!
Selected from 138 submissions from 48 contributors.
Today's Top Five List authors were:
- Beth Black, Misawa City, Japan -- 1 (Woohoo! 1st #1!) Email / Website
- Mitch Patterson, Atlanta, GA -- 1 (7th #1) Email / Website
- Lev L. Spiro, Los Angeles, CA -- 2, 5 Email / Hall of Famer
- Alexander Clemens, San Francisco, CA -- 2 Email / Website
- Neil Schwartzman, Montreal, Quebec -- 3 Email
- Larry Hollister, Concord, CA -- 4 Email / Website / Hall of Famer
- Jim Rosenberg, Greensboro, NC -- 6 Email / Website / Hall of Famer
- Jonathan D. Colan, Miami, FL -- 7, Honorable Mention list name Email / Hall of Famer
- Ann Bartow, Dayton, OH -- 8
- Rob Wolf, Seattle, WA -- 9 Email
- Rachel Blubaugh, Lewisville, TX -- 10 Email / Website
- Bill Muse, Seattle, WA -- 11 Email / Hall of Famer
- Mark Schmidt, Paris, France -- 12 Email
- Kevin Wickart, Normal, IL -- 13, Runner Up list name Email / Website
- John Voigt, Chicago, IL -- 13 Hall of Famer
- Jim Griffith, Sunnyvale, CA -- 14
- Scott Sistek, Seattle, WA -- Topic Email
- Jeffrey Anbinder, Ithaca, NY -- Banner Tag Email / Website
- Don Swain, Rochester Hills, MI -- List moderator
- Chris White, New York, NY -- List owner/editor Email / Hall of Famer
- Clean Living, whereabouts unknown -- Ambience (explanation)