You may have already won 10 million dollars!
March 25, 1999
The Top 12 Signs the Year of the Rabbit Has Begun
- Glenn Close's corpse found floating in a hot tub.
- Always a line for carrots in the produce section.
- "Another Oscar? For me? Doc, you shouldn't have!"
- Time's Men of the Year: Prince Charles and Ross Perot
- Within a week of each other, Bob Guccione and Larry Flynt both meet an untimely demise.
- Cocoa Puffs and Raisinets. Everywhere you look, Cocoa Puffs and Raisinets.
- Kids start wearing their ears long and droopy.
- Dozens of checks voided after "Year of the Rat" written in the date.
- Much better TV reception.
- You're overcome by an incredible urge to mate indiscriminately and produce as many offspring as possible. (Or was that the Year Of The NBA Player?)
- Scientists in the Mary Kay testing lab getting laid off by the dozen.
and the Number 1 Sign the Year of the Rabbit Has Begun...
- A desperate Al Stewart is forced to use the word "dagnabbit" in a rhyme.
Join ClubTop5 and check out the Runners Up submissions for this list!
Selected from 120 submissions from 45 contributors.
Today's Top Five List authors were:
- Peg Warner, Exeter, NH -- 1 (8th #1) Email
- Jason Anderson, Birmingham, AL -- 2 Email
- Curt Cutting, Santa Monica, CA -- 3, 7
- Jeffrey Anbinder, Ithaca, NY -- 4 Email / Website
- Dave Wesley, Pleasant Hill, CA -- 5, 12 Email
- Martell Stroup, Boston, MA -- 5, 7 Email
- Bill Muse, Seattle, WA -- 6, 7, 12 Email / Hall of Famer
- Brian Auten, Tecumseh, MI -- 7, Banner Tag, Honorable Mention list name Email / Website
- Ken Shinodo, Bend, OR -- 7
- Yoram Puius, Bronx, NY -- 7 Email
- Larry G. Hollister, Concord, CA -- 8, 9, Runner Up list name Email / Website
- Greg Sadosuk, Fairfax, VA -- 10 Email
- Wade Kwon, Birmingham, AL -- 11 Email / Website
- Beth Kohl, Chicago, IL -- 12
- Ken Woo, Encinitas, CA -- 12 Email / Hall of Famer
- Doug Johnson, Santa Cruz, CA -- Topic Email / Hall of Famer
- Chris White, New York, NY -- List owner/editor Email / Hall of Famer
- Jefferson Airplane, San Francisco, CA -- Ambience