Winner of 31 Academy Awards, including Best Buttery Topping
March 23, 1999
~~~ NOTE FROM CHRIS: ~~~
NOTES: Today's moderator is Mike Wolf, who has been a Top 5 Contributor since 1994. Mike took advantage of the list's hiatus to advance in his "hobby" as a physician. His fiancee, a nutritionist, had absolutely nothing to do with the list that follows.
The Top 12 Rejected Cookbook Titles
- Getting Even: Hillary's High-Fat Cookbook
- The Frug Gourmet (by the cast of Laugh-In)
- Cooking to the Speed Metal Oldies
- Bob Vila's Sawdust Cuisine
- Cooking With The Enemy: Savory Recipes From Papua-New Guinea
- Mud, Sticks, and Leaves: Cooking with a Four Year Old
- Cooking with Condiments - An Apartment Dweller's Guide to Making Something Out of Nothing
- 101 Ways to Wok Your Dog
- Everything's Yogurt... Eventually!
- Fugu for Dummies
- Lions and Tigers and Beets, oh my!
and the Number 1 Rejected Cookbook Title...
- Newman's Stone: Cooking for Older Gall Bladders
Join ClubTop5 and check out the Runners Up submissions for this list!
Selected from 180 submissions from 63 contributors.
Today's Top Five List authors were:
- Greg Pettit, Houston, TX -- 1 (8th #1) Email
- Tom Louderback, Boston, MA -- 2 Email
- Wade Kwon, Birmingham, AL -- 3 Email / Website
- John Voigt, Chicago, IL -- 4 Hall of Famer
- Bob Mader, Knoxville, TN -- 5
- Mark Weiss, Austin, TX -- 5
- Gene Markins-Dieden, New Haven, CT -- 6
- Daniel Weckerly, Limerick, PA -- 7 Email
- Lev L. Spiro, Los Angeles, CA -- 8 Email / Hall of Famer
- Brian Auten, Tecumseh, MI -- 9, Runner Up list name Email / Website
- Matt Loiselle, Detroit, MI -- 10 Email
- Lloyd Jacobson, Washington, DC -- 11
- Ken Shinodo, Bend, OR -- 12
- Alan Smithee, Sugar Land, TX -- Banner Tag Email
- Dave Henry, Slidell, LA -- Topic, Honorable Mention list name Email
- Larry G. Hollister, Concord, CA -- Honorable Mention list name Email / Website
- Dave Wesley, Pleasant Hill, CA -- Honorable Mention list name Email
- Chris White, New York, NY -- List owner/editor Email / Hall of Famer
- Meatloaf, Cleveland, OH -- Ambience