Winners of the 1999 Wurlitzer Prize for comedy.
March 3, 2000
The Top 16 Rodeo Pick-Up Lines
- "Ain't no rodeo clown in the world that could keep me off *you*, Darlin'."
- "Here's my number, call me if you need a few bucks."
- "Run if ya want, Missy, but I'll have you hog-tied quicker than you can say 'stay away from me you Skoal-chewin' freak.'"
- "Pardon me, Ma'am -- you and your friend there interested in a little team ropin'?"
- "I can see by your Wranglers that you're a Jewish man..."
- "Er, yeah... I *am* in the Village People."
- "How'd you like to put a pinch of *me* between your cheek and gum?"
- "Them calves of yours sure look like they could use a bit of ropin'."
- "Got 8 seconds?"
- "Ropes, spurs, leather gloves -- Honey, even I weren't no cowboy, we're talking a good time!"
- "I'll be in Intensive Care later. Why don't you drop by?"
- "You sure make me wish I hadn't crapped my pants when that bull charged."
- "Honey, I *need* a belt buckle this large to keep from gettin' arrested in Mississippi."
- "Is that a pelvis broken in three places, or are you just happy to see me?"
and the Number 1 Rodeo Pick-Up Line...
- "That's right, I said '*and* the horse you rode in on.'"
Join ClubTop5 and check out the Runners Up submissions for this list!
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
Selected from 141 submissions from 51 contributors.
Today's Top Five List authors were:
- Jesse Weiss, St. Paul, MN -- 1, 12 (2nd #1)
- Curt Cutting, Santa Monica, CA -- 2, 14
- Don Swain, Rochester Hills, MI -- 2 Email / Website
- John Gephart IV, Harrisburg, PA -- 3 Email / Website
- Larry Hollister, Concord, CA -- 4, HM list name Email / Website / Hall of Famer
- Jim Rosenberg, Greensboro, NC -- 5 Email / Website / Hall of Famer
- Andrew Thomas, Omaha, NE -- 6
- Dave Goudsward, Harrisburg, PA -- 7
- Chris Walker, Calimesa, CA -- 8 Email / Website
- Sam Evans, Charleston, SC -- 9 Email / Hall of Famer
- Jon Litfin, Columbus, OH -- 9 Email
- Jeff Scherer, Brooklyn, NY -- 9 Email
- Peter Bauer, Rochester, NY -- 10
- Tristan Fabriani, Passaic, NJ -- 11 Email
- Kathy Good, Phoenix, AZ -- 13
- Chris Jones, Snellville, GA -- 15 Email / Website
- Jonathan D. Colan, Miami, FL -- 16 Email / Hall of Famer
- Ann Rosenfeld, Austin, TX -- Topic
- Jeff Rabinowitz, Denver, CO -- Banner Tag Email
- Sandra Hull, Arlington, VA -- Runner Up list name Email / Website
- Chris White, New York, NY -- List owner/editor Email / Hall of Famer
- Thin Lizzy, Dublin, Ireland -- Ambience (explanation)