February 22, 2000
The Top 12 Bugs in Windows 2000
- Every time you hit the space bar, hundreds of Ritz crackers fly out of the CD-ROM drive.
- The so-called "help" file is really just a collection of lame "Chicken Soup for the Soul" anecdotes.
- Refuses to install new programs until you've achieved "clear" status.
- You hit "delete" and the guy in the next cubicle is instantly transported to Albuquerque.
- In the middle of your fastest game of Minefield yet, the Stephen Hawking office assistant pops up and says,
"It looks like you're trying to arrive at a Unified Field Theory. Can I help you?"
- Incorrect installation of printer drivers launches a nuclear strike against France.
- Dreaded "Blue Screen of Death" replaced by less fearsome "Hamster Dance Screen."
- Too easy to win new "Whack-a-Reno" game.
- Default search options include "Body Cavity Search."
- Replaces hilarious, intellectual, pithy Top5 list items with crude junior high school humor.
- Any time you empty the Recycle Bin, NASA loses another Mars Lander.
and the Number 1 Bug in Windows 2000...
- Changes ".gov" domain to ".bite-me" domain every time.
Join ClubTop5 and check out the Runners Up submissions for this list!
Selected from 147 submissions from 55 contributors.
Today's Top Five List authors were:
- Kevin Hawley, Fairless Hills, PA -- 1 (20th #1) Email / Hall of Famer
- Mark Schmidt, Amsterdam, Holland -- 1 (10th #1) Email
- Doug Finney, Houston, TX -- 2 Email (Rookie!)
- Curt Cutting, Santa Monica, CA -- 3
- Jeff Scherer, Brooklyn, NY -- 4 Email
- Jim Rosenberg, Greensboro, NC -- 5 Email / Website / Hall of Famer
- Jennifer Bieneman, Grand Rapids, MI -- 6 Email
- Dave Goudsward, Harrisburg, PA -- 7
- Brian Jones, Atlanta, GA -- 8 Email
- Mark Levine, Los Angeles, CA -- 9 Email
- Wade Kwon, Birmingham, AL -- 10 Email / Website
- Gregory Swarthout, Murray, UT -- 11 Email
- John Gephart IV, Harrisburg, PA -- 12 Email / Website
- Tristan Fabriani, Passaic, NJ -- Topic, HM list name Email
- Gloria Monti, Staten Island, NY -- Banner Tag Email
- Sandra Hull, Arlington, VA -- Runner Up list name Email / Website
- Chris White, New York, NY -- List owner/editor Email / Hall of Famer
- The Beatles, Liverpool, England -- Ambience (explanation)