Now even fivier!
February 11, 2000
The Top 15 Signs Your Website Was Hacked by Dumb Guys
- They brag about stealing all the software off your site, www.freeware.com.
- "Feedback on my hacking? E-mail me at the address below."
- The end of their political message reads, "This hack best viewed with Internet Explorer 4.0 or above."
- HTML-impaired vandals resort to TP'ing your server.
- After hacking in, improved security so much they felt compelled to turn themselves in.
- Their lone devious act of "vandalism" was to correct all your spelling errors.
- When eBay comes back online, the entire auction consists of a bunch of Dungeons and Dragons crap being sold by four geeks in Poughkeepsie.
- "GREG W. BUSH FOR PRESIDENT! GREG W. BUSH FOR PRESIDENT!"
- The KKK logo they left uses white letters on a white background.
- Pamela Lee has clothes on now.
- "pHaNtOm" tried to disable your retail website by using his American Express platinum card to purchase your entire inventory.
- Today's topic looks a wee bit suspicious: "DA ToP5 R33ZUNZ Y DA S1LV3R SURF3R PoSS3 RooLZ!!!!!"
- Someone broke into your credit card database and stole 400,000 middle initials.
- Hacked into www.Playboy.com just to read the articles.
and the Number 1 Sign Your Website Was Hacked by Dumb Guys...
- Calls himself "Dr. Evil" and demands that he will unleash an attack on the entire world and bring the internet to a screeching halt unless he receives "$100, in small bills."
Join ClubTop5 and check out the Runners Up submissions for this list!
Selected from 107 submissions from 44 contributors.
Today's Top Five List authors were:
- Scott Sistek, Seattle, WA -- 1 (3rd #1) Email
- Steve Hurd, Oakland, CA -- 2 Hall of Famer
- Dave George, Arlington, VA -- 3 Email / Website
- Curtis Matthews, Kennesaw, GA -- 4, 15 Email
- Jeffrey Anbinder, Ithaca, NY -- 5 Email / Website
- Brian Berry, Napoleon, OH -- 5 Email
- Mark Weiss, Austin, TX -- 5
- Sue Prifogle Otte, Rushville, IN -- 6 Email
- Jeff Johnson, Cupertino, CA -- 7 Email
- Jonathan D. Colan, Miami, FL -- 8, Topic Email / Hall of Famer
- Chris Jones, Snellville, GA -- 9 Email / Website
- Brian Jones, Atlanta, GA -- 10, Runner Up list name Email
- Wade Kwon, Birmingham, AL -- 10 Email / Website
- Ann Bartow, Dayton, OH -- 11
- Mitch Patterson, Atlanta, GA -- 12 Email / Website
- Mark Niebuhr, Minneapolis, MN -- 13
- Jeff Scherer, Brooklyn, NY -- 14 Email
- Peter Rogers, Boston, MA -- Banner Tag
- Steven Bevier, Grand Rapids, MI -- Honorable Mention list name
- Tristan Fabriani, Passaic, NJ -- List moderator
- Chris White, New York, NY -- List owner/editor Email / Hall of Famer
- Radiohead, Oxford, England -- Ambience (explanation)