Just slightly ahead of our mind
February 8, 2000
The Top 14 Rejected Sportscaster Phrases
- He's at the 30... the 20... the 10... and this little piggy went WEE WEE WEE, all the way home!
- He hit that so hard, Cuba held an election!
- Nothin' but buttocks!
- If that were any closer, I'd have to strangle an elf!
- 3.14159, Baby!
- Woo-hoo! Somebody change my drawers!
- That one's outta-here-dot-com!
- Holy Deus Ex Machina, that was a Quaker!
- Great shakin' butt cheeks!
- Oh, Mama, he licked the bowl and both beaters on that one!
- He's runnin' like a rat on crack!
- Elvis has left the building and gone to pick up a couple of hookers down on Ninth Avenue!!
- Leave a message at the tone.... this ball's out of the house!
and the Number 1 Rejected Sportscaster Phrase...
- Ouch! Made him sleep in the wet spot!
Join ClubTop5 and check out the Runners Up submissions for this list!
Selected from 169 submissions from 61 contributors.
Today's Top Five List authors were:
- David W. James, Los Angeles, CA -- 1 (19th #1) Email / Hall of Famer
- John Voigt, Chicago, IL -- 2 Hall of Famer
- Jeffrey Anbinder, Ithaca, NY -- 3 Email / Website
- John Gephart IV, Harrisburg, PA -- 4 Email / Website
- Brian Jones, Atlanta, GA -- 5 Email
- Ed Brooksbank, Sacramento, CA -- 6
- Mark Niebuhr, Minneapolis, MN -- 7
- Larry Hollister, Concord, CA -- 8, 14, HM name Email / Website / Hall of Famer
- Bill Muse, Seattle, WA -- 9 Email / Hall of Famer
- Gail Celio, Athens, GA -- 10
- Tisha Stacey, Romeoville, IL -- 11 Email
- Kevin Hawley, Fairless Hills, PA -- 12 Email / Hall of Famer
- Craig Stacey, Romeoville, IL -- 13, Topic Website
- Scott Sistek, Seattle, WA -- Topic Email
- Alan Smithee, Sugar Land, TX -- Banner Tag Email
- Sandra Hull, Arlington, VA -- Runner Up list name Email / Website
- Chris White, New York, NY -- List owner/editor Email / Hall of Famer
- Marvin Lee Aday, Dallas, TX -- Ambience (explanation)