October 10, 1996
The Top 5 Signs Congress Isn't
Serious About Cutting Spending
- Capitol Hill Oriental Massage Wing only half-completed.
- "Super-sizing" the President's lunches still included in budget.
- Senator Kennedy already signed up for 1997 "Liquor of the Month Club."
- The Committee on the Effects of Excessive Sunlight and Margaritas allowed to extend research another year.
and the Number 1 Sign Congress Isn't Serious About Cutting Spending...
- Approved purchase of new billion dollar Hubble Abdominal Machine.
There are no Runners Up submissions for this list!
Selected from 102 submissions by 34 contributors.
Today's Top Five List authors were:
- Dave George, Arlington, VA -- 1 (4th #1)
- Greg Pettit, Houston, TX -- 2
- Joel McClure, Sterling Heights, MI -- 3, 5
- David Hyatt, New York, NY -- 4
- Craig Stacey, St. Paul, MN -- Topic
- Chris White, NY, NY -- Listmeister